Welcome to The Phantom Tollbooth Wiki
This a wiki about the children's adventure novel and modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer
It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, decides to drive through it in his toy car. The tollbooth transports him to a land called the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he acquires two faithful companions, has many adventures, and goes on a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom — Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason — from the castle of air.
The text is full of puns, and many events, such as Milo's jump to the Island of Conclusions, exemplify literal meanings of English language idioms.
2021/10/14 22:20- -
- Dover School Board Ward 6 candidate: Michelle Clancy Foster's Daily Democrat...
2021/10/14 03:54- -
- How did Gary Paulsen die? Beloved 'Hatchet' series author dies at 82 MEAWW...
2021/10/02 07:00- -
- The Times Saturday Quiz: October 2, 2021 | Register The Times...
2021/09/30 07:00- -
- WHAT BOOK would Pulitzer Prize-winning author Anthony Doerr take to a desert island? Daily Mail...
2021/09/20 07:00- -
- Gainesville native brings rug making to local art scene The Independent Florida Alligator...
- No vandalizing pages
- No cursing. This is a kids book. Slurs are never allowed.
- Be nice to everyone.
- No discrimination or harassment. It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, for any reason at all.