Welcome to The Phantom Tollbooth Wiki
This a wiki about the children's adventure novel and modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer
It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, decides to drive through it in his toy car. The tollbooth transports him to a land called the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he acquires two faithful companions, has many adventures, and goes on a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom — Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason — from the castle of air.
The text is full of puns, and many events, such as Milo's jump to the Island of Conclusions, exemplify literal meanings of English language idioms.
2022/05/20 13:52- -
- St. Pete's Kristine Dowhan helps distribute more than 200000 free books throughout the city I Love the Burg...
2022/05/19 18:20- -
- Home Of Pulitzer Prize-Winning Editorial Cartoonist Hits Market Patch...
2022/05/13 21:37- -
- Bored no more: Dunphy students to perform musical 'The Phantom Tollbooth Jr.' GazetteNET...
2022/05/09 07:00- -
- Early Addition: Riis Beach, a queer haven in the Rockaways, is threatened by plans to install a new parking lot Gothamist...
2022/05/05 07:00- -
- Famed writer, cartoonist Jules Feiffer lists Long Island home for $1.2M New York Post...
- No vandalizing pages
- No cursing. This is a kids book. Slurs are never allowed.
- Be nice to everyone.
- No discrimination or harassment. It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, for any reason at all.